Sunday, 15 April 2012

Second week at ESO




I'm beginning to feel more at home and comfortable this week. Things are becoming more familiar, and I'm beginning to learn how to fix problems myself without taking too much time out of what I'm meant to be doing.

I'm finally settling in and have made some lovely new friends. Although I live and work in Germany, the work environment is spoken English which is nice, at least that's one thing that hasn't changed.

The work I've been doing is really interesting, my first project was to work on a exhibition panel. It was about the first 50 years of ESO which gave me a chance to learn about ESO's company history. My most recent project was to work on the company Christmas card and Christmas Party invitation. I found this quite tricky as I had to come up with a design which could work for both Chile and Europe, It couldn't be directly religious and couldn't be similar to previous designs. The biggest part of the project that I found to be tricky was to adjust my style to something more corporate and clean. Normally the way I work can be a little silly and certainly not serious. On Friday I proposed my design and they were pleased with it. I Will upload pictures when I can.


Maulwurf.

No comments:

Post a Comment