Friday, 19 August 2011

Branding













































Launching myself as a designer is pretty tough. I have a rather 'exotic' surname which is somewhat preventing me to use my full name as a first point of interest as such. I don't particularly want to force a super cool pseudonym as I feel like those sort of things that fit and work well come naturally. I'd rather let it appear to me then me to forcefully create one.
It's the pronunciation that seems to plague me. 'Omandap' has often been translated into several different spellings, therefore my brand/logo will show my initials 'KO'.

I've begun with a colour of mustard yellow, but the sharpness of the logo doesn't sit well with me. I like it, but I think that I could make it more...me. I've decided to roughen it up slightly by printing the logo with lino. I really enjoy the gritty-ness that lino has, I also think that it has a charming quality in the same way that screen prints and letterpress prints do.

Now I just have to wait for them to dry so I can inspect them in their full gritty glory.

I'm also debating the detail of the fish silhouette I added. I included it because in my last job I work on a aquatics section. The silhouette of this particular fish its renowned for its bold character. But most people can't really tell its a fish, let alone what sort of fish it is. thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment